Here are the trouble pinpoints:
- Crashes (Safari, Xcode, iCal, Mail and even the Preview app!)
- Slow and laggy (Safari and Xcode)
- CPU out of control. I've come back to my machine after 30 minutes to find 400% CPU utilization.
- Finder/Icons gone. Sometimes during Xcode development, my icons disappear from the dock and I have no feedback as to which apps are running.
Here is what I've tried:
- Clear Safari cache/history
- Reset PRAM (http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379)
- Delete Library/Caches and ~/Library/Caches
So what worked?
- Clearing Safari and my cache definitely improved internet performance.
- Resetting the PRAM stopped my out of control processes (high CPU)
- Deleting my caches seems to have stabilized the icons disappearing and some of the caches.
Will update this blog as I continue to be the Lion Guinea pig!