Ok, so I upgraded to Lion. Faster, better, smarter, right? Wrong. Trying to run a mobile development efforts for our organization has been a bit of an effort. As a background, I have a MB Pro i7 with 8GB of memory.
Here are the trouble pinpoints:
- Crashes (Safari, Xcode, iCal, Mail and even the Preview app!).
- Slow and laggy (Safari and Xcode).
- CPU out of control. I've come back to my machine after 30 minutes to find 400% CPU utilization.
- Finder/Icons gone. Sometimes during Xcode development, my icons disappear from the dock and I have no feedback as to which apps are running.
Here is what I've tried:
- Clear Safari cache/history.
- Reset PRAM (http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379).
- Delete Library/Caches and ~/Library/Caches.
So what worked?
- Clearing Safari and my cache definitely improved internet performance.
- Resetting the PRAM stopped my out of control processes (high CPU).
- Deleting my caches seems to have stabilized the icons disappearing and some of the caches.
Will update this blog as I continue to be the Lion Guinea pig!